Dr. Bahador conducts intellectual assessments (IQ tests) with children (starting at age 4) and adolescents to determine eligibility for admissions to gifted programs and schools. She has been assessing students for intellectual giftedness for admissions to The Mirman School (a school for highly gifted children) since 2003. Dr. Bahador offers a positive and supportive environment to make the IQ testing process an interesting and engaging experience for children. She helps children feel comfortable and also motivates them to try their best in order to obtain optimal results. Dr. Bahador also administers IQ tests to adults to determine eligibility to high IQ groups (i.e., Mensa International).
Assessing an individual’s intellectual skills includes administration of a Wechsler IQ test (WPPSI-IV, WISC-V or WAIS-IV, depending on the age of the individual). The testing process includes test administration, scoring and analysis, and a written report. Parents have the option to schedule a 45-minute feedback session (on Zoom or in the office) so Dr. Bahador can discuss the testing results, make recommendations based on integrating the results and some of the child's history, and answer parent's questions. Parent feedback sessions are offered at an additional fee (go to "Contact and Fees" tab for details) .
Children between ages 4 to 7.5 are administered the WPPSI-IV, which takes about 1 hour to administer. Children and adolescents between ages 7.5 to 16 are administered the WISC-V, which takes about 1.25 hours to administer. Individuals who are 17-years-old and older are administered the WAIS-IV, which takes about 2 hours to administer.
All assessments are conducted in the office. Dr. Bahador and her assistant have both received their COVID-19 vaccinations. The following precautions related to COVID-19 are also implemented to maintain the health and safety of our families and community:
- Everyone is required to wear a mask at all times while in the office (including during the child’s testing administration).
- There is a transparent desk shield between the child and Dr. Bahador during the testing administration (with a slot at the bottom to exchange testing materials).
- All testing materials are sanitized between clients.
- Additional time is scheduled for each client so only one family is in the office suite at a time.
- Parent, child and all household members need to be 100% symptom free for two weeks prior to the testing and on the day of testing for the child to be tested.
Dr. Bahador has implemented these modifications since June 2020 and the testing process has been consistently smooth - kids still enjoy it!
If you are interested in obtaining an IQ test for your child, please email her with your child's name and date of birth. You will then be provided with more information about the testing process and next available appointments (email@example.com). Dr. Bahador usually has a waiting list of 4 to 8 weeks for IQ testing.